Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Col. Stephen K. Scott, Maj. Stuart A. Wolfer

The Department of Defense announced today the death of two soldiers who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. They died April 6 in Baghdad, of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked their unit with indirect fire.

Killed were:

Col. Stephen K. Scott, 54, of New Market, Ala. He was assigned to the 356th Quartermaster Battalion, Laurel, Miss., and

Maj. Stuart A. Wolfer, 36, of Coral Springs, Fla. He was assigned to the 11th Battalion, 104th Division, Boise, Idaho.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to see COL Scott on a daily basis while he was at the smoke pit behind the "Barn" on MNSTC-I. He was an amazing person who had a vast amount of knowledge to share. Being a junior NCO it is not typical for a “full bird” COL to have a candid conversation with an enlisted member. I am honored to have worked with him and the US Army truly lost on of their best. Rest in Peace Warrior and may God be with your family.
TSgt Swistak - USAF

Anonymous said...

My Beloved, you will always be my HERO. I will always be grateful to have spent my life with you. I will never regret volunteering to go to Bagdad to be with you. We were able to spend every possible moment together and I was there to kiss you goodbye before you left on your Angel Flight. You will be in my Heart and a part of me forever. Always Yours, Angelina